Music Soul Party at G19
Saturday, February 28
Holiday Art Show 2014
Third Friday's Event, Friday Dec 19 6-10pm
On view December 5 - February 20, 2015
Galleryna19 is proud to bring you new works from 15 of the distinguished artists represented by our gallery.
Gift your loved ones with an original piece of artwork, created in the finest quality.
Original artwork is affordable for this show, and priced from $100-$500. Fine Art Prints available starting at $20.
Featuring new work from:
Martha A. Wade
Robert Lewis Clark
Closing Reception RSVP here via Facebook
Friday, November 21 from 7-11:30pm
Winter 2015 Intern / Gallery Assistant
Galleryna19 is seeking motivated college students to complete an internship at the gallery from January through April 2015.
Galleryna19 presents between 12-18 exhibitions per year, and hosts up to 6 events per year. The Intern will help make preparations for shows on a weekly basis and install shows the week prior to opening receptions that fall on the third Friday of each month. The intern will be available during normal office hours as agreed upon by the Gallery and Intern.
Qualifications and Skills
Candidate must be self-motivated, have attention to detail, and follow instructions both written and verbal. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, general to advanced knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software, and the ability to climb 10-foot ladders and lift 50lbs are needed. Knowledge of social media, SEO, website design and graphic design are big plus!
Assist the Exhibition Director in monthly exhibitions including:
- Preparation of gallery space
- Unpacking and installation of artwork
- Adjusting lighting
- Preparation of labels, artists’ exhibition cards, price lists and signage
- Dismantling, packing and return shipping unsold exhibition pieces
- Other duties as assigned
Maintain gallery space including:
- Regular rotation of artwork
- Preparation and maintenance of art labels
- Preparation and maintenance of inventory sheets
- Light duty cleaning of gallery space, studio, bathroom and kitchen areas
Responsibilities for Artist relations including:
- Communication (both written and verbal) with artists
- Ensure artist contracts (consignment/exhibitions) are received timely and are accurate
- Upkeep and organization of artist files (recording sales and return of work to artists)
- Grow and maintain current mailing list of contacts
- Collect new emails from visitors to gallery and events
- Research new ways to engage audience via email and social media
- Take photos of events, artists, and paintings to post to social media
- Assist in the maintenance of website, Facebook, and Instagram
Time Commitment: 10-20 hours per week during business hours and/or Saturdays
Benefits: Interns receive a 25% discount on artwork, art business education, college credit, and 10% commission on sales you help close
Reports to: Gallery Intern is supervised by and reports to the Exhibition Director and Creative Director
Contact Us to inquire
Martha A. Wade
“Made of Stardust” – an exploration of self and our human potential
Closing Reception – Saturday, October 11 from 6:00-9:00pm
19 Harrison Street
Oak Park IL 60304
Galleryna19 is pleased to present "Made of Stardust" the debut solo show from artist Martha A. Wade. The art exhibition will explore the meaning of self and achieving our human potential.
Martha A. Wade is a self taught artist from Chicago. The daughter of an artist, she has always carried a deep passion for art making. Martha would watch her father paint from a young age, and longed for a canvas of her own. She began to teach herself drawing by pausing cartoons on video and copying the image. Today her paintings have a bold, vibrant style that explore mankind's potential on earth and throughout the universe.
Once fearful of the "starving artist" stereotype, Wade chose to attain her undergraduate degree in Business Administration from the University of Michigan rather than fine art in 2000. After years of working in the financial services industry, her creative spark could no longer be squelched. Martha had no choice but to make a change and go back to school in the arts. She received her Masters of Art Management from Columbia College Chicago in 2008, where she learned the graphic design, web production, and video skills needed to begin her artistic career on her own. Martha built her own website, and started posting images of her work. The love Wade's art received online through social media gave her the courage to show more work, and devote her life to painting nearly 5 years ago.
Wade creates one of a kind, original artwork that is full of color and speaks to the heart. Her painting style utilizes blended brush strokes to create a sense of movement in each piece of art. Martha Wade's work often comes from her dreams, brought to life in oil and acrylic on canvas or wood.
In Martha Wade's latest series "Made of Stardust" she presents a visual narrative of what people can achieve at their highest potential. Through art, Wade tells a story about humans made of stardust, seeking to uplift our spirit by juxtaposing famous and everyday people together on common ground.
"Everyone has heroes and heathens in their life, and most of us are both. If you look closely into our eyes, you can see the same cluster of stars and particles as deep in the sky. People are capable of great things if they only realize we are made of the same stuff of stars. I hope that art lovers will connect with my work and feel inspired. The purpose of my artwork is to share love and light through creativity, as a way of genuinely engaging with the world as a real contributor." ---- Martha A. Wade
Please join us for an artist appreciation day at Galleryna19. We are jamming, drinking and swapping art with fellow artists. Bring any sized painting to swap with an artist you admire.
1. Bring a painting of any size that represents you, and that you are willing to part with to another artist's loving embrace.
2. Participate in our video interviews of each artist talking about the piece they chose on the day of the event.
3. Pick a number from the pot to reveal which painting you get to take home with you.
4. Bring an artist or friend along to be a "fly on the wall" to watch when artists swap art!
Dana Todd Pope
David Anthony Geary